ABOUT THIS POLICY
This policy describes our privacy practices for the platforms where it is posted. This includes websites and apps. It also applies to our practices for our mobile phone and text programs.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Smackbird may collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide on online forms, which may include: user registration, employment application or resume submission, sweepstakes registration, contact requests, guest comments, online surveys, and other online activities. The personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) collected on this Site can include some or all of the following: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail addresses, credit card information, demographic information, and any other information you may voluntarily provide. You will have the choice whether or not to disclose such Personal Information in the above activities; however, some parts of the Site and some services may be more difficult or impossible to use if you choose not to disclose Personal Information.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information directly from you. For example, when you register on a website, for a sweepstakes or for one of our programs. We also collect information if you leave comments or make contact requests.
We collect information from you passively. If you are on a mobile device and use a location based service, for example, then we will collect your location. We use common tracking tools like browser cookies to collect information passively. We may also use web beacons.
We collect information from third parties. This information might be combined with information we already have.
This Application may ask for some Facebook permissions allowing it to perform actions with the User's Facebook account and to retrieve information, including Personal Data, from it.
The permissions asked are the following:
By default, this includes certain User’s Data such as id, name, picture, gender, and their locale. Certain connections of the User, such as the Friends, are also available. If the User has made more of their Data public, more information will be available.
Access the User's contact email address.
Provides access to the User's current location.
Provides access to the User's primary email address.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- We use your information as is disclosed at the time we collect the information and in the following ways:
- To respond to your requests or inquiries. For example, we use your information to fulfill orders or prizes. We might also use your information to register you for promotions or our website. From time to time, we may also use your information to process your employment application.
- To improve our products and services and for related business purposes. For example, we use information to understand our visitors and customers. This includes looking at website usage trends. We also use your information to make website and product improvements. We might also use your information to customize your experience with us. We may do these activities using the tracking tools described in this policy.
- For security purposes. For example, we might use information to protect our website or our company. We might also use information to protect our customers or our business partners.
- To promote Smackbird. For example, unless we tell you otherwise, we might send you notices of special promotions, offers or solicitations. We might also notify you about new website features or product offerings. To manage your communications, follow the instructions in Your Choices, below.
- To communicate with you about your account or our relationship. For example, to notify you about changes to this Policy or our website Terms, to let you know about issues relating to your order or your relationship with us.
To stop receiving our promotional emails, you can follow the instructions in any individual promotional email you receive. When logged in, registered users can also change their options at the My Account page.
You can choose whether or not to disclose personal information. Some parts of our sites and some services may be more difficult or impossible to use, though, if you choose not to share. If you turn of cookies or tracking tools parts of our site and services may also not function properly.
OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES AND CHILDREN
Smackbird's practice is not to collect information from children under 13, and it does not knowingly collect any Personal Information online from children under 13 or as otherwise prohibited by law. To learn more about how to protect your child online, we suggest you visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov and read the helpful information provided by the FTC here.
We use industry standard measures to protect personal information. We cannot guarantee that you will be completely secure, however. We recommend that you use caution when using the Internet or mobile devices.
This Site may contain links to other websites that Smackbird may not own or operate. We cannot control and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. This Policy only applies to the personal information collected on this Site.
Effective as of November 13, 2020
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org